|Campus Description: |
TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
|Descriptive Title: TH Clinical Nurse Specialist||REF#: UH-I-6029-15-I|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Professional Position|
|Department: Advanced Practice Nursing||State Line#: 12335|
|Grade: SL-4||Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital|
|Salary: Commensurate with experience|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Current New York State RN License. Master's Degree in Nursing. Minimum three years clinical experience in Medical ICU Nursing. Proficiency in MS Office.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience in a Clinical Nurse Specialist position. Previous experience in clinical/staff education. Certified as a CNS or a NP in the specialty area of nursing practice.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Functions as a clinical nursing expert in the specialty area(s) assigned by modeling exemplary advanced practice nursing and patient outcomes.
- Consults and collaborates with an interdisciplinary healthcare team. Utilizes transformational leadership in partnership with the unit Medical Director, to advance patient care.
- Designs and implements assessments, interventions, and programs with Patients, Families, Communities, Organizations, Populations, and/or Systems.
- Promotes evidence-based practice and research to generate new knowledge in the specialty area(s).
- Advances the level of quality of care provided in the specialty area(s) by contributing to and improving the patient-family experience and outcomes.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technology, products, and devices that support nursing practice in the specialty areas.
- Acts as a resource to assist the nursing staff in the assessment of patient status, establishment of nursing diagnosis, development of patient and family centered care plan, treatment and evaluation of patients in specialty area, while maintaining evidence based nursing practice.
- Assists in the provision of direct care to patients in the specialty area(s) and models best nursing practice.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate all aspects of patient care and ensures adequate communication within and between members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assesses the quality of the patient-family experience and responds to maintain the highest level of quality for patients in the specialty area(s).
- Initiates unit-level research activities, as original inquiry of the patient-family experience and the nursing/interdisciplinary role.
- Participates in organizational committees as a representative of exemplary nursing practice.
- Models collaborative practice and engages direct care nurses in the participation of interdisciplinary patient care rounds.
- Communicates with all members of the healthcare team within and across specialty areas.
- Maintains patient centered care by engaging all members of the healthcare team with the patient/family for decision-making.
- Assess and examines the Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators and acts as the administrative agent responsible for the quality of care delivered to patients and families across the specialty area(s).
- Communicates across all levels of organizational structure the quality metrics germane to the specialty area(s).
- Responds collaboratively to maintain the highest measure of quality outcomes.
- Examines and maintains differentiated and value based quality processes to ensure quality goals are met for the specialty area(s).
- Engages in specialty specific learning and educational opportunities relevant to the specialty area(s).
- Achieves and maintains specialty certification in the area of nursing practice.
- Develops and disseminates scholarly work related to the specialty area(s) at the local and national level.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time flex position. INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY TO APPLY. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
Please note: Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: INTERNAL Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter reflecting UH# to:
Stony Brook Medicine
University Hospital Human Resources Department
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 01/26/2015, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police