|Campus Description: |
|Descriptive Title: TH Clinical Nurse Specialist||REF#: UH-I-5249-13-I (5)|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Professional Position|
|Department: Advanced Practice Nursing-O.R.||State Line#: 19093|
|Grade: SL-4||Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital|
|Salary: Commensurate with experience|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Current New York State RN License. Master's Degree in Nursing or related field. Minimum three years clinical experience in O. R. Nursing. Proficiency in computer skills/PowerPoint. Basic certification in the specialty area of nursing practice.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong background in clinical area. Previous experience in a Clinical Nurse Specialist position. Previous experience in clinical/staff education. Evidence of successful formal presentations. Certified as a CNS or a NP in the specialty area of nursing practice.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Functions as a clinical nursing expert in the specialty area(s) assigned by modeling exemplary advanced practice nursing.
- Consults and collaborates with an interdisciplinary healthcare.
- Designs and implements assessments, interventions, and programs with Patients, Families, Communities, Organizations, Populations, and/or Systems.
- Promotes evidence-based practice and research to generate new knowledge in the specialty area(s).
- Advances the level of quality of care provided in the specialty area(s) by contributing to and improving the patient-family experience and outcomes.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technology, products, and devices that support nursing practice in the specialty areas.
- Acts as a resource to assist the nursing staff in the assessment of patient status, establishment of nursing diagnosis, development of patient and family centered care plan, treatment and evaluation of patients in specialty area, while maintaining evidence based nursing practice.
- Assists in the provision of direct care to patients in the specialty area(s) and models best nursing practice.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate all aspects of patient care and ensures adequate communication within and between members of the interdisciplinary team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Full-time day position. INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY TO APPLY . Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in applying for the above position should submit a resume and cover letter reflecting UH# to:
UH Human Resources
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 07/03/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police