|Campus Description: |
TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
|Descriptive Title: Hospital Attendant 1 (1 P/T Evening float position)||REF#: UH-S-1509-12-I|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Classified Position|
|Department: Housekeeping||State Line#: 10867|
|Grade: SG-5||Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!!
Required Qualifications: Must be able to perform medium to heavy physical labor.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places. Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions.
- Using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubber, and other cleaning implements, washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside of building, etc.
- Changes curtains and drapes and other objects as directed.
- Using Manual and/or mechanical equipment, strips and vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets.
- Using hand-operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans all areas of lavatories, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
- Using hand-dusting equipment, dusts assigned areas.
- Using appropriate equipment such as ladders and scaffolds, washes light fixtures, replaces light bulbs, dusts and/or washes light fixtures and high places such a ceilings.
- Using designated equipment, polishes wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
- May set up equipment in assigned areas, conference and meeting rooms.
- May work in laboratories, "clean rooms," operating rooms, and other hospital areas where a high degree of cleanliness is required to minimize the possible spread of infection.
- Clean discharge/transfer units in compliance with dept. and Infection Control Policies.
- In addition to cleaning the discharge unit above, strips and remakes bed.
- Complaint with safety and Infection Control Policies.
Other Duties: All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: 1 part-time evening float position, covering units and discharges - 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm - Tuesday through Friday. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Apply in writing to:
Human Resources Office
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 01/10/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police