|Campus Description: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook Medicine is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.|
|Descriptive Title: Calculations Clerk II||REF#: WC-S-7816-13-03-S|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Classified Position|
|Department: Procurement||State Line#: 31480|
|Grade: SG.09||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!!
Required Qualifications: MUST BE A CURRENT NY STATE EMPLOYEE. Per Civil Service Standards and Specifications. Must have taken and passed the specific job related Civil Service Exam and be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service list.
Brief Description of Duties: Review, monitor, process and input vendor data related to payment.
- ·Review State payment documents, process and input payment vouchers utilizing SUNY Web or Stony Brook University (SBU) Wolfmart (SciQuest) system. This task requires the review and auditing of purchase orders/contracts, invoices, and receiving documentation as required in order to ensure all respective terms, conditions and requirements are fulfilled. Particular attention must be paid to ensure vendor invoice pricing is in accordance with prices/rates provided on purchase orders, quotations, and/or contract price lists.
- Monitor invoices, payment documents, and respective work files/folders in Wolfmart to ensure timely and accurate payment processing. Compile, run and analyze Wolfmart reports as required for vendor, voucher or any other pertinent information.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and campus departments relating to purchase orders, vendor invoices, and vendor file information utilizing both written and verbal contact. Assist campus departments and vendors with more complicated and problematic payment issues including, but not limited to, vendor file issues, outstanding payments, vendor liens, etc.
- Utilize State's SFS system to research vendor address and payment information. Where applicable, obtain documentation required to update vendor file information.
- Purge department files. Review files in search of outstanding invoices requiring follow up to original request for department payment approval. Review purchase orders and contact vendors to obtain required invoicing. Monitor, review and resolve payment issues related to vendor account statements in order to avoid account credit holds.
- Assist in the year-end lapsing fund process by reviewing and updating appropriate year-end lapsing reports.
- Research, resolve and assist staff with vendor payment issues including unreceived payments, lost checks, checks returned to Treasury, etc. Utilize SFS system to review payment voucher and check status information. Follow up on payment issues to ensure proper receipt of payments by payees. Communicate with NYS Treasury and prepare documentation to obtain copies of payment checks or to have checks reissued as required.
Other Duties: As assigned by supervisor or manager.
Special Notes: This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. FLSA non-exempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Mandatory rehire roster candidates have preference.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those who are interested in this position and meet the required qualifications, should submit a State employment application to:
Human Resource Services
State Classified Appointments
390 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-0751
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 03/15/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police