|Campus Description: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook University Medical Center is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.|
|Descriptive Title: Senior Administrative Assistant|| REF#: WC-R-7617-12-11-S|
|Budget Title: same as above|| Research Foundation Support Position|
|Department: Economic Development|| RF Line#: R0195|
|Grade: N.8|| Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC*|
| Salary: $44,115 - $57,090|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!!
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field. Two years of directly related full time experience organizing technical conferences including a basic understanding of IT and Wireless terminology. Strong computer application and software skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task. Experience in dealing with business clients and vendors including the ability to proofread any and all correspondences, updates or newsletters.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree. Experience with grant submissions. Experience in Social Media computer applications (twitter, facebook, etc.). Experience maintaining or updating a website.
Brief Description of Duties: The CEWIT IT Senior Administrative Assistant will oversee the technical conferences hosted by CEWIT, create/proof-read/update quarterly newsletters and brochures, attend meetings for purposes of scribing, archiving, and creating business reports, facilitate communications between CEWIT and CEWIT Korea and other CEWIT partners, and maintain the social media sites for CEWIT and help maintain the CEWIT and CEWIT Conference websites. The incumbent will also work with CEWIT Directors with composing, proof-reading, updating and editing various PowerPoint presentations, as well as serve as back up for CEWIT daily office operations and the CEWIT IT Help Desk.
CEWIT Marketing/Social Media:
- Key facilitator of CEWIT Conference and other technical conferences.
- Participate in all conference phases: preparation, pre-conference, registration, sponsorship invoicing, selecting and booking conference event venue, selecting reception and/or conference menu's for any dinners/lunches to be served, booking any related vendors such as event security or caterer and negotiate their contracts.
- Drawing on industry for events, solicit new companies and previous company sponsors for conference sponsorship fund commitments in order to create an anticipated budget to work with.
- Once sponsors have been committed, incumbent will be involved with all Budget discussions as they relate to conferences, and all post-conference events and compilations.
- Attend conference preparation meetings and compile, distribute and archive meeting minutes.
- Building agendas [research, draft and organize] for meetings and organize supporting documents for said meetings.
- Collect and organize all submitted papers.
- Organize papers in preparation for publication in Proceedings.
- Responsible for continuous updates of all past and present attendee lists, conference email lists, and maintain database.
- Circulate all announcement dates.
- Arrange weekly conference preparation meetings and set-up/arrange for any conference calls [audio or video] as necessary.
- Facilitate the updating of CEWIT brochures and other marketing materials (contact departments, professors, proof-read, etc.).
- Compose quarterly CEWIT newsletter: Reach out to Directors and researchers proactively to collect updated Newsworthy information; Suggest improvements for approval and implement those improvements; and Facilitate newsletter from inception to production.
- Help maintain CEWIT website and social network sites: Advertise CEWIT activities on social network e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc, and frequently update CEWIT social network sites; Prepare, proofread, and update contents of website such as posting updated statistics, numbers of patents, etc.; and Collect news items from faculty and staff for posting on CEWIT website and update in a timely fashion.
CEWIT IT Help Desk:
- Attend meetings for record keeping purposes and will distribute and archive minutes of meetings or prepare business reports.
- Assist in joint project review meetings with partners and compile status of ongoing CEWIT projects.
- Work with CEWIT Directors with composing, updating and editing various Power Point presentations.
- Collect, file and document, software program codes and other related materials of CEWIT projects.
CEWIT Daily Office:
- Serve as backup for CEWIT IT Help Desk by taking calls and recording/initiating trouble tickets; assist in composing, updating and archiving user guides and procedures of CEWIT IT systems; and assist in composing, updating and archiving inventory of CEWIT computing equipment e.g. computers, servers, network routers and switches, printers, etc. Keep inventory of CEWIT furniture, desks, etc., CEWIT phone and fax lists, and CEWIT IP address assignment.
- Serve as backup for CEWIT daily office operations including answering and screening phone calls, reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance; plan distribution, file and retrieve documents, records and reports; prepare and proofread responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries; create a record management system and perform basic bookkeeping work.
- Serve as backup to first greet guests and visitors at CEWIT and first line of access for specific individuals allowed to enter into building and necessary for security of the building.
- Coordinate activities with CEWIT Korea and other world-wide partners (conference calls, video calls, etc.).
Other Duties: As identified by the Vice President for Economic Development.
Special Notes: This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Travel will be required for off-site conferences. *This position is located at Research and Development Park.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a Research Foundation Employment Application, Resume and Cover Letter to:
Office of Economic Development
Engineering Building, Room 127
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2200
Fax#: (631) 632-8205
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 12/07/2012, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FEMALES, MINORITIES, DISABLED, VETERANS.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: C) Secretarial and Clerical positions (including Administrative Assistant).|
Posting Date: 11/25/2012
|Additional Categories: |