|Campus Description: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook Medicine is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.|
|Descriptive Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst||REF#: WC-S-8013-13-07-S|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Professional Position|
|Department: DoIT - System Support||State Line#: 30477|
|Grade: SL-4||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
|Salary: Commensurate with Experience|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of degree, four years of directly related full time experience, or a combination of higher education and experience totaling four full time years may be considered. Four years of full time applicable experience which must include experience in installing, configuring, securing, monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise applications which should include two years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL and Unix shell scripting. Good verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications: BS degree in a technical discipline or Master's degree in a technical discipline. Five or more years of applicable experience. Expertise in Oracle SQL query tuning and/or experience in successful performance tuning of complex systems. Programming languages to include: Java, Powershell, Perl, and XSLT. Experience in web applications: Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Tuxedo. Experience in Oracle database administration, Quest Stat, Toad, Linux. Experience in Project Management. Experience in an academic environment.
Brief Description of Duties: The Senior Programmer/Analyst will support PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Resources and Enterprise Learning System and maintain Computer Accounts Database. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
Application Maintenance for PeopleSoft:
PeopleSoft Application Administration, Installation and Configuration:
- Perform PeopleTools and major application version upgrades. Perform database performance tuning tasks to diagnose problems and improve performance of SQL queries and views as and when necessary. Generate database audit reports regularly and reviews them to identify possible database inconsistencies. Perform necessary corrections or notifies the appropriate application development personnel to perform the corrections as required. Identifies routine PeopleSoft updates and fixes that are required, coordinate and establish an implementation plan, and participates in their application. May apply customization projects to the application.
Administration of Computer Accounts Database, Computer Accounts database maintenance:
- Provide PeopleSoft Administration support for Stony Brook University’s day-to-day operation of all large-scale enterprise PeopleSoft environments.
- Install, maintain, and support PeopleSoft Systems including PeopleSoft servers (file servers, application servers, batch servers, report repositories, and web servers) and PeopleSoft enterprise software that support all core business modules (Human Resources, Campus Solutions, Enterprise Learning Management) to ensure they are working optimally and reliably.
- Installs new PeopleSoft applications and PeopleTools releases.
- Upgrade existing PeopleSoft applications and PeopleTools.
- Provide consulting support to Functional Leads, Technical Developers, Oracle DBA’s, and system administrators regarding system integrations, development processes, and RDMS software changes.
- Create/adjust configuration and compilation scripts, and compiles COBOL programs.
- Complete tasks required for the PeopleSoft ORACLE database installation and configuration including the execution of Datamover and SQR scripts, creation of tables and views, and auditing the database.
- Develop procedure and code using Unix shell and/or Windows Powershell that contribute to and support the successful operation of this environment.
- Establish and maintain the necessary HR/CS integration broker environment to support new features using that technology.
- Integrate PeopleSoft application with other related systems.
- Assist in PeopleSoft Split if needed.
- Quest Stat management.
- Function as the Database Administrator (DBA) of the Computer Accounts database.
- Monitor performance of the Computer Accounts database and initiate necessary actions to improve performance when necessary. Maintain data integrity and uniqueness of user ID's for individuals across all systems.
- Perform periodic purging of information of employees and students who leave the institution.
- Schedule periodic update of Computer Accounts database tables and arrange for backing up of all critical files of the Computer Accounts System and database.
- Provide technical support for Computer Accounts Office personnel and Operations personnel who perform tasks related to resource management and computer accounts management.
- Develop and apply modifications and enhancements to the computer accounts system which typically occur throughout the year as systems continue to evolve.
- Participate in the development of Network security for servers. This includes setting up firewalls, a secure VPN for server maintenance and participating in the management of Netscaler or other security appliances.
- Participate in the problem resolution process in support of application development efforts. Diagnose and correct problems where possible and reports problems to the coordinating groups when necessary. Monitor internet resources for useful information, common problems, tips, contacts, and problem solutions.
Special Notes: This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Night and weekend work for upgrades and emergencies is required. Travel to conferences and training will be required for this position.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume to:
Senior Programmer/Analyst (8013) Search
DoIT - System Support
237 ECC Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2610
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 08/12/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: I) Information Technology Positions|
Posting Date: 07/14/2013
|Additional Categories: |