|Campus Description: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook University Medical Center is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.|
|Descriptive Title: Staff Assistant||REF#: WC-S-7588-12-11-S|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Professional Position|
|Department: Graduate School||State Line#: 24932|
|Grade: SL-2||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
|Salary: $39, 000 - $43, 000|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree. In lieu of degree, an Associate's degree and two years of directly related full time experience may be considered. Two years of full time experience in a Customer Service environment. Prior experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or higher. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Direct customer service experience. Relevant university experience including Registrar, Undergrad/Grad Admissions, Academic Advising and other student services. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Nolijweb. Experience interpreting institutional policies and procedures.
Brief Description of Duties: The Staff Assistant provides direct support for the admission and readmission of graduate students to the Graduate School including international students and those who apply through outside agencies. The selected candidate will provide direct support for the review of thesis and dissertation for compliance to Graduate School Theses/Dissertation Guidelines. He/she will provide customer service to students/staff and/or faculty pertinent to the Graduate School policies and procedures. This work requires the incumbent to read and interpret policies and procedures and to utilize campus software systems including PeopleSoft and Nolijweb to ensure student records are accurate and complete. The goal of the incumbent in this position will be to ensure timely and proper processing of both admissions paperwork and theses and dissertations processing, to keep up to date on guidelines and procedures, and independent work in reviewing education credentials, and degree certification and clearances.
- Process Advancement to Candidacy requests, Final Defense Committee requests and graduation clearance matters.
- Familiar with all written policies and communications regarding defense announcements, defense committees and graduation requirements to ensure that all advancement requests, defense announcements and clearance documentation meet with Program and University requirements.
- Communicate with students and faculty regarding issues and policies.
- Review and verify that graduation candidate's clearances are accurate and that student has completed all degree requirements. Consult with faculty, staff and students to resolve problems regarding ineligibility.
- Ensure Graduate school records are updated and complete regarding defense, committees, advancements and graduation matters.
- Update all students issues in Peoplesoft and document all transactions in Nolijweb.
- Work with Graduate School staff and DoIT to move pertinent forms from paper to electronic format and to leverage efficiencies available from using SOLAR, Peoplesoft and Nolij.
- Review theses and dissertations in electronic format for compliance to Graduate School theses/dissertation guidelines. This includes review and approval of format, abstract inclusion, defense committee personnel, etc. Communication with and advisement to student and department for resolution as necessary.
- Serve as alternate Graduate School contact with UMI ProQuest, Bridgeport National Bindery, University Archives and NORC as dissertations and abstracts are submitted.
- Contribute to annual review and assessment of instructions and online resources and suggest improvements and/or enhancements.
- Process various graduate student transactions including withdrawals, leave of absences, graduate transfer credit petitions, add/drop, late registration, overloads, program/plan changes, and secondary programs as approved by the Assistant Dean or Associate Dean.
- Provide guidance and advice to faculty, staff and students regarding each transaction type.
- Interact with Registrar staff, DoIT and/or other campus offices to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Review, analyze and process Graduate School admissions applications as assigned.
- Verify eligibility for graduate admissions and process new graduate students in Peoplesoft. Ensure student files are created and maintained in accordance with Graduate School policies and procedures.
- Attend training and participate in tutorials and staff meetings to become/maintain proficiency as a user of Apply Yourself, Peoplesoft and Nolijweb.
- Provide guidance and consultation to graduate program staff regarding admission and re-admission policies and procedures with goal being to maximize enrollment of eligible graduate students.
- Process Graduate Course Catalog updates based on submittals from graduate programs. Provide recommendations and advise to Associate Dean and Assistant Dean regarding potential operational efficiencies.
- Represent Graduate School at various events including Graduate Orientation and Commencement. Perform duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of each event.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Special Notes: This is a full time appointment, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume to (Online submissions are strongly encouraged):
Attn: Rayna Simon
2401 Computer Science, Room 2401
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4433
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 11/23/2012, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: B) Administrative and Professional Positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care).|
Posting Date: 11/11/2012
|Additional Categories: |