|Campus Description: The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot adult day health care program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and Gold Star parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative, and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes everyday.|
10 Day Posting
|Descriptive Title: Cleaner||REF#: VH-S3366-13-4S|
|Budget Title: same as above||State Classified Position|
|Department: Environmental Services||State Line#: 00242|
|Grade: SG-5||Campus: Long Island State Veterans Home|
|Status: Permanent (Part-Time)|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!!
Applicants must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor, and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements.
- Strips and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets; and dusts assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment.
- Cleans all areas of lavatories and locker rooms, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, showers, shower walls and drains, locker room common areas. .
- Replaces light bulbs, dusts or washes light fixtures and high places such as ceilings using ladders and scaffolds.
- Cleans and polishes furniture, metal fixtures and equipment.
- Removes hazardous articles on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
- Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities.
- Changes curtains and drapes, and hangs pictures and other decorative objects.
- Empties trash, recycables, and waste, in accordance with cleaning schedule.
- Assembles cleaning cart to conform to assigned cleaning duties, and mixes and properly dilutes cleaning solutions in accordance with manufacturer directions.
- Wears appropriate protective clothing, and other specialized protective equipment to align with the assigned cleaning assignments.
- Checks supplies and equipment functioning, and notifies supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction, and building maintenance issues noted during cleaning.
- May be assigned to remove snow; clean sidewalks, yards, and drives; and mows lawns in assigned areas with manual or mechanical equipment.
- May be assigned to laboratories, clean rooms, operating rooms, and other hospital settings that require a high degree of cleanliness and disinfectant processes that must be followed
Other duties as assigned. Internal/External search to occur simultaneously.
This is a Part-Time Evening position. Hours are 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume to:
Edward J. Moretti
Director of Human Resources
Long Island State Veterans Home
100 Patriots Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Fax: 631 444-8517
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 04/27/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: H) Service positions to include laborer, groundskeeper, bus driver, janitor and cleaner.|
Posting Date: 04/17/2013
|Additional Categories: |