|Campus Description: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory, a multidisciplinary research laboratory supporting world class scientific programs utilizing state-of-the-art facilities. Stony Brook Medicine is Suffolk County's only academic medical center and tertiary care provider. Many opportunities exist for collaborative research, and in some cases, joint appointments with BNL or with Medical School departments.|
|Descriptive Title: Assistant for Enrollment Services||REF#: WC-S-8323-13-11-S|
|Budget Title: Staff Assistant ||State Professional Position|
|Department: Registrar||State Line#: 28379|
|Grade: SL-2||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
|Salary: $37, 873 - $45, 500|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of the degree, an Associate's degree and two years of directly related full time experience may be considered. Two years of full time administrative experience in a customer service environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as good written and verbal communication skills. Strong troubleshooting skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Student Database System Knowledge (Banner, etc). PeopleSoft Knowledge. Higher Education customer/student service experience. Higher Education administrative experience.
Brief Description of Duties: The Assistant for Enrollment Services will oversee and coordinate specific functions in the area of Registration and Records areas. The duties include coordinating and troubleshooting general registration changes, block enrollment, electronic messaging, researching/fixing system issues and errors. As generalist, the incumbent will be required to become knowledgeable of the day-to-day and peak period business practices of the: Registration, Records, Scheduling, Transcript, Degree Certification, Enrollment Verification and Scheduling areas of the office. The selected candidate will:
- Oversee and coordinate specific functions in the area of Registration and Records areas. This will require overseeing and troubleshooting general registration changes and errors. This position coordinates and troubleshoots any systemic problems that staff in Registration and Records and in academic and administration departments may run into when processing student enrollment transactions. The incumbent is the "go to" person when staff has problems with completing enrollment transactions including enrollment calendars, time periods, academic calendars, requisites, and service indicators. S/he will work closely with the Assistant Registrar of Enrollment Services to become knowledgeable in course catalog and pre/co requisite set up in PeopleSoft. Will manage the day to day process of deregistration requests from departments in accordance with university policies. Will assist the Registrar Scheduling Area to correct class schedule errors by coordinating enrollment changes in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the reviewing and processing of all Undergraduate Leaves of Absence and Term withdrawals, which includes but is not limited to a "Medical Leave" and "Other SUNY Enrollment." Be responsible for examining and verifying any supporting documents that students submit to ensure their validity. Responsible for correcting/adjusting student records as it relates to billing and reporting issues by analyzing reports to identify students who need their records adjusted.
- As a liaison to IT, responsible for researching and fixing system issues and errors, including but not limited to proposing new solutions to anticipate any upcoming changes in technology. This position will also be responsible for supporting all PeopleSoft Bundle Testing. This requires performing detailed enrollment testing scripts requiring PeopleSoft setup and logging testing results in PeopleSoft Administrative Database.
- Administrative Duties: Function as generalist in all areas of the Registrar/Summer Session/Winter office. Provide support to the customer service areas (telephones, web inquiries, counter coverage). This includes, but is not limited to, registration, course scheduling, records, graduation, etc. throughout the academic year. This will require a full understanding of University Policies and Procedures, enforcement of deadlines and experience in the use of the student database system. Will provide administrative support in processing of various forms and records updates (i.e. withdrawals, major/minor declarations, etc). These types of updates require formal approval from academic departments, academic advisors, undergraduate directors, etc. This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the imaging of all registration and record related documents into Nolij and when student assistants are available, s/he will train them on the imaging process.
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the academic calendars and the Orientation schedule. This area of responsibility will have the incumbent supporting approximately 60 orientation sessions and interacting with academic departments and course catalog users in the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, School of Journalism, HSC, and the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences. This entails establishing 30-40 deadline dates for each academic calendar. These calendars support the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, School of Journalism, College of Business, School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook Southampton, The Graduate School, The School of Professional Development and SUNY Korea.
- Provide administrative support and serve as a back-up to the Assistant Registrar for Enrollment Services in managing the PERC Process (Post Enrollment Requirement Checking). This includes, but is not limited to working with academic departments on running the PERC process; de-registering students, where academic departments and faculty not using the PERC process often request that individual students be de-registered due to not meeting the attendance requirements during add drop or failure to meet completed pre-requisite grade requirements; notifying students via Solar; and any additional troubleshooting issues that may arise from this process.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and department mission.
Special Notes: This is a full time appointment, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume to:
Assistant for Enrollment Services (8323) Search
276 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-1101
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 12/23/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: B) Administrative and Professional Positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care).|
Posting Date: 11/25/2013
|Additional Categories: |