|Campus Description: The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot adult day health care program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and Gold Star parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative, and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes everyday.|
30 Day Posting
|Descriptive Title: Information Services Specialist||REF#: VH-S3360-13-1S|
|Budget Title: TH Staff Assistant 1||State Professional Position|
|Department: Information Services||State Line#: 00941|
|Grade: SL-2||Campus: Long Island State Veterans Home|
|Salary: $39, 000-$42, 000|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications:
- Minimum Associates Degree in computer related field.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in computer service support or help desk functions; including minimum 1 year experience networking, including TCP/IP and cabling.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC hardware.
- Experience in a healthcare setting and/or certification as MCP or CCNA.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Verify completion and contents of daily backup and setup media for next backup. Verify completion and contents of electronic backup. Document backup and store media, as per policy. Periodic audit of documentation for accuracy.
- Monitor, log and respond to help desk calls. Troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware and software problems. Software includes University Hospital Powerchart, Microsoft OS and back office applications, Microsoft Outlook, ADL Data Systems and QS1 PrimeCare Pharmacy. Hardware includes Personal Computers and laptops, Thin clients and Printers.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace telecommunications devices (ie-facility phones, facility cell phones and teleconference device), data and telephone wiring. Troubleshoot voicemail and perform telephone switch/PBX programming.
- Create, maintain and request user account requests for facility domain and UH applications. Reset accounts, as per HIPAA policy.
- Assist in maintenance, backup and support of Information Services department servers running Microsoft Server software, Citrix, networked printer server, network routers, switches and firewalls. Assist in the updating the software of applications running on servers.
- Assist in specification of user computing requirements. Request price quotes and prepare properly coded requisitions. Install equipment when received, including the copying of user data to new machine.
- Create, maintain and execute ad-hoc reporting using report writer software using data from Human Resources/Peoplesoft, clinical and financial systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on client computer hardware and software. Audit client for antivirus, Microsoft and spyware update, operational verification and unauthorized software, as per HIPAA policy.
- Maintain database of property control and hardware inventory, including tag and serial numbers. Document hardware sent to property control/surplus. Follow policy for and document magnetic media sanitization when sending equipment to property control/surplus.
- Arrange for and track repair of broken equipment with various vendors. Approve invoices when received repair completed.
This is a Full Time position. Hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume to:
Edward J. Moretti
Director of Human Resources
Long Island State Veterans Home
100 Patriots Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Fax: 631 444-8517
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 02/03/2013, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: I) Information Technology Positions.|
Posting Date: 01/03/2013
|Additional Categories: B) Administrative and Professional Positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care).|