|Campus Description: |
|Descriptive Title: Executive Internship||REF#: WC-S-6491-10-08-S|
|Budget Title: Institutional Studies Assistant||State Professional Position|
|Department: Presidents Executive Office||State Line#: TBD|
|Grade: SL-2||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
|Salary: $38, 000-$48, 800|
THIS POSTING IS NOT CURRENT !!! Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree. Leadership responsibilities, strong academic credentials, and strong communication skills (verbal and written). Applicants must possess analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to analyze statistical data and assess trends. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications: SUNY Graduate. Masters degree.
Brief Description of Duties: This position is a one year Executive Level Internship, reporting to the Chief Deputy to the President. This opportunity is being offered to assist future leaders in developing skills and competencies in the area of higher education administration. Applicants will have a track record of proven leadership ability, as well as a strong academic record.
- The incumbent deals with information of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Conveys instructions and information from the President and the Chief Deputy to the President to other University Officers, SUNY Central Administration, government officials, corporations and philanthropic individuals/organization; and requests information on President’s behalf.
- Assist the President’s deputies and assistants in executing their responsibilities to ensure the mission of the University and the University’s Five Year Goals. As required, assists with special projects.
- Assists the Chief Deputy to the President with developing and driving a communication strategy that supports the University. Interacts with University Council, faculty and staff, in order to seek information and communicate about processes and decisions that affect the University planning process.
- Help translate vision and business objectives into operational and organizational strategy and results.
- Assist the Chief Deputy to the President in developing strategic initiatives and projects for the University.
- Conduct research on special projects and implementation of programs initiated by the President.
- Assist the Chief Deputy to the President in developing and deploying relevant and effective project reporting and business metrics. Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals and objectives of the President.
- Assist in analyzing new opportunities for alignment with institutional priorities.
- Researching and responding to various inquiries while directing other inquiries, if necessary to responsible administrators.
- Coordinate meetings, research data for reports, prepare meeting agendas, drafting of letters, researching information, composing reports and overseeing related distribution (mailings, etc.).
- Assist in researching and analyzing data for managerial decisions, using a variety of computer applications requiring advanced skill.
Special Notes: This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants should submit an application portfolio that consists of the following: A current resume, official transcripts, three letters of reference, as well as a letter of intent stating why you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, career goals and professional interests. Please submit an application portfolio to:
390 Administrative Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-0751
To nominate a candidate for this opportunity, please submit a letter outlining the nominees potential leadership contributions indicating relationship to nominee and length of time known, as well as reasons nominee should be selected.
|Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 09/30/2010, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
|Job Category: B) Administrative and Professional Positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care).|
Posting Date: 08/27/2010
|Additional Categories: |